As digitalization changes the insurance landscape, risk prevention, and not risk management, will be key for the industry in the future. What other trends are foreseen for the coming decade? Allianz Research spots a few…
Allianz Group continued its successful course from 2018 with a strong first quarter 2019. The results demonstrate the resilience of our business segments and continued progress in executing our Renewal Agenda. Internal revenue growth, which adjusts for currency and consolidation effects, was 7.5 percent.
Many hearts broke as the iconic Notre Dame went up in flames in Paris on April 15. But it isn't just fire that is posing a risk to UNESCO world heritage sites. What are the other risks? And what can insurers do to protect these sacred sights that form such an integral part of our lives?
Building a sustainable business begins with open and honest communication about opportunities and challenges. The latest Sustainability Report by Allianz elaborates on the group’s major corporate responsibility-related policies, strategies, actions and progress.
A decade after the onset of the great financial crisis, the Eurozone as a whole appears to be in relatively good shape again. This positive economic development is reflected in the results of this year's Euro Monitor. However, the Monitor also shows major areas of concern.
Allianz X to acquire insurance leads marketplace Finanzen.de
Allianz X, the digital investment unit of the Allianz Group, announced that it will acquire Finanzen.de, a leading European B2B online marketplace for high-value consumer traffic in the insurance and financial services sectors. Headquartered in Berlin, Finanzen.de uses a proprietary platform to connect lead generators and buyers in real-time. Over 1.2 million leads were traded on Finanzen.de’s platform in 2018.
Allianz X co-leads investment in African ride hailing platform SafeBoda
Allianz X, the digital investment unit of the Allianz Group, announced an investment in SafeBoda, based in Kampala, Uganda. SafeBoda is a major African ride hailing platform that also offers various on-demand consumer and payment services. For the Series B investment, Allianz X is co-investing with Go-Ventures, a venture fund whose cornerstone investor is GO-JEK.
Allianz to invest in Czech gas distribution network GasNet
Allianz Capital Partners, on behalf of Allianz insurance companies has, in a consortium led by Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA), reached an agreement to purchase a stake in GasNet. MIRA, which currently holds a 49.96 percent stake indirectly in GasNet, has exercised contractual pre-emption rights over the remaining 50.04 percent stake currently owned by RWE.