Following its strategic succession planning discussions at its meeting today, the Supervisory Board of Allianz SE announced the following decisions:
1. Sirma Boshnakova (49), currently the chief executive officer of Allianz Partners, has been appointed as Member of the Board of Management, effective January 1, 2022, pending customary regulatory approvals.
- Ms. Boshnakova is slated to succeed Sergio Balbinot (63) after his term expires on December 31, 2022. To ensure a seamless transition, she will work closely with Mr. Balbinot and assume portfolio responsibilities from him in the course of 2022, allowing Mr. Balbinot to focus even more on the strategic priorities in the Asia Pacific region in light of the growth potential and importance of that geography for Allianz.
2. The Supervisory Board expressed its intention to formally extend the contracts of Board of Management members Renate Wagner (47) and Klaus-Peter Röhler (56) at its upcoming February 2022 meeting.
3. As communicated, Andreas Wimmer (47), currently the chief executive officer of Allianz Lebensversicherungs-AG (“Allianz Leben”), has been appointed as Member of the Board of Management with responsibility for the asset management division and Allianz Life in the U.S. In addition to his new responsibilities, Mr. Wimmer will continue to serve as chief executive officer of Allianz Leben through December 31, 2021.
- Katja de la Viña (42), currently the chief financial officer of Allianz Deutschland AG, will become the chief executive officer of Allianz Leben effective January 1, 2022.