We have achieved a lot – and we strive for more!
We have 33% women on the Allianz SE Board of Management as of January 2023. Furthermore, we have 25% women in Boards of Management globally and 43% women in our talent pools. We are committed to continuously improving – because representation matters.
And we don’t pause here. To make sure we get even better, we are, for instance, looking to achieve gender-balance in recruiting and succession planning; we run a global sponsorship program (#sheleads), as well as mentoring programs for women who are ready to take on a new leadership challenge. Our entities around the world conduct annual equal pay reviews to ensure fair pay. We have identified unexplained equal pay gaps by end of 2021 and have since established Equal Pay in our insurance businesses globally.
Our achievements have been recently recognized by EDGE. EDGE was launched at the World Economic Forum 2011, it stands for "Economic Dividends for Gender Equality" and is the leading global assessment and business certification for gender and intersectional equity. Since 2021 Allianz insurance entities are globally EDGE Assess Certified (this includes the Insurance Business segment, Allianz Partners, Euler Hermes, Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty SE, Allianz Technology and Allianz Services).
“Achieving the EDGE Assess gender equality certification for our insurance entities globally is proof of our strong commitment to equal opportunities for all our employees”, states Renate Wagner, Member of the Board of Management and responsible for HR. “This success makes me extremely proud and is an important milestone on our journey to gender equality.”
Some of our initiatives to achieve gender equity have been recognized externally
- Allianz Technology (in India): 100 Best Companies for Women in India in 2021 provided by Working Mother & Avtar and Top 50 - India’s Best Workplaces™ for Women 2021 provided by Great Place to Work
- Allianz Technology & Allianz Services (in India): Diversity network of the year (Gender diversity) provided by Transformance Forums
- Allianz Australia: Employer of Choice for Gender Equality citation in 2021 provided by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency
- Allianz Italy: Top Employer for Women in Insurance in 2021 provided by Top Employer Institute
- Allianz Partners (Italy): Bollino Rosa Certification for Gender Equality 2021 by the Winning Women Institute
- Allianz Spain: Equality badge 2020 – provided by the Spanish Women’s Institute and the Ministry of Equality
- Allianz Partners (Spain): EFR Certification 2021 by Fundacion Másfamilia
- Allianz Deutschland: Best employers for women (5 out of 5 stars) provided by Brigitte
- Laura Gersch, Board Member of Allianz Leben in Germany: German Diversity Award 2021 in the category “Gender“ for her #EqualPension initiative