This year Allianz Reinsurance is launching the Allianz Climate Risk Research Award as part of its activities to mitigate risks related to climate change, to increase resilience, and to promote scientific research. The 2017 Award topic is Climate risk: real-time information & new technologies.
The Award is intended to support talented researchers whose research focuses on:
- Reducing the risk of extreme weather events that are intensified by climate change
- Fostering resilience by applying technological solutions
Who can apply?
- Current PhD candidates
- Current post-doctoral researchers
- Recently graduated PhDs (no more than two years before the time of application)
- Recently graduated post-doctoral researchers (no more than two years before the time of application)
We welcome individual applications from the fields of natural sciences as well as economic and social sciences. Four finalists will receive a monetary award and will be invited to an Award ceremony at the Allianz SE offices in Munich in December 2017 to present their findings and take part in an interactive discussion with renowned experts from both industry and academia.