Learn as much as you can about Allianz as a company and its business areas, as well as our corporate culture and Leadership Values. Also, you can take a look at our HR Fact Book. Please be sure that you know about the latest developments in your field, industry and market.
Familiarize yourself with the position you are applying for by learning about the main tasks and responsibilities involved. And be aware that the Allianz Group structure is far more complex than it appears on the surface. For example, there are around 30 Allianz subsidiaries in Germany alone. Be sure to take a little time to learn about the Group’s structure, and figure out how the subsidiary to which you are applying is connected to the rest of the Group. You can find an overview of the Allianz structure here.
Be prepared to show us why you want to work for us, why we should hire you, and what experiences and skills make you the ideal candidate for the position.
In addition to evaluating your professional skills (e.g. computer and project management skills), interviews are designed to assess your key competencies and ensure that they reflect the guiding principles of our company.
Take the time to ask yourself a few questions before the interview, including:
What have I done so far?
- Naturally, you know the information in your resume like the back of your hand. You should not be surprised when we ask you questions about the individual jobs. You should be able to explain any gaps in employment/education or unexpected changes in your career path.
- When the interviewer asks you about yourself, what do you want to say?
What are my skills?
- What are your special strengths – potentially from an outside perspective? You should also have an appropriate answer at hand if the interviewer asks you about your weaknesses.
- How well do you work as part of a team? What experience have you had in working in teams and on projects so far?
- How do you handle critical situations or conflicts? How do you contribute to team results?
What do I want? What is important to me?
- What is important to you in your work? What do you want to avoid at all costs?
- What are your professional goals? Where do you see yourself in five years?